Power Meet Terms & Conditions
- Power Meet 9 will be a drug tested competition. Up to 5 athletes will be chosen at random either on the day or after the competition. This is done in the interest of clean sports and fair play.
- Athletes caught for doping will receive a minimum two year ban on all local competitions, including all competitions run by Desert Barbell.
- Athletes caught for doping may face legal challenges from the relevant sport authorities.
- If you are unsure, please visit the International Powerlifting Federation's (IPF) Anti-Doping page and WADA 2020 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods. We advise checking your regular supplements and pre-workouts to ensure they comply WADA (World Anti-Doping Authority) and the IPF's supplements guidelines. If you are still unsure, please speak to a member of the Desert Barbell staff.
- No refunds will be issued on entry fees under any circumstances.
- If you are injured before the competition, or unable to attend due to special circumstances such as family related issues or illness, you must notify the organizers on email to email@example.com. Your entry will automatically be deferred to the next available competition. Each entry may only be deferred once.
- You will have an opportunity to change your weight class 2 weeks out from the competition.
- You must make weight on the day for the class you have signed up for, or subsequently changed to.
- A schedule will be shared with all athletes prior to the competition. This will specify the weigh-in times for your weight class and group. If you miss the weigh-in time you will not be allowed to compete and you will forfeit your entry fee
- Power Meet follows the IPF equipment rules for Classic lifting.
- All UAE residents are required to have the EBBF Athlete card to compete. The cost of the card is AED210 and can be purchased on the day.