Power Meet Terms & Conditions
- All UAE residents are required to have the EBBF Athlete card to compete. The cost of the card is AED210 and can be purchased on the day.
- Power Meet is a drug tested competition. Up to 5 athletes will be chosen at random either on the day or after the competition. This is done in the interest of clean sports and fair play.
- Athletes caught for doping will receive a minimum two year ban on all local competitions, including all competitions run by Desert Barbell.
- Athletes caught for doping may face legal challenges from the relevant sport authorities in the UAE.
- If you are unsure, please visit the International Powerlifting Federation's (IPF) Anti-Doping page and WADA List of Prohibited Substances and Methods. We advise checking your regular supplements and pre-workouts to ensure they comply WADA (World Anti-Doping Authority) and the IPF's supplements guidelines. If you are still unsure, please speak to a member of the Desert Barbell staff.
- No refunds will be issued on entry fees under any circumstances.
- If you are injured before the competition, or unable to attend due to special circumstances such as family related issues or illness, you must notify the organizers on email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your entry will automatically be deferred to the next available competition. Each entry may only be deferred once.
- You will have an opportunity to change your weight class 2 weeks out from the competition.
- You must make weight on the day for the class you have signed up for, or subsequently changed to.
- A schedule will be shared with all athletes prior to the competition. This will specify the weigh-in times for your weight class and group. If you miss the weigh-in time you will not be allowed to compete and you will forfeit your entry fee
- Power Meet follows the IPF equipment rules for Classic lifting. This means only knee sleeves, belts and wrist wraps are permitted. These must fall inside the IPF guidelines for Classic lifting. Knee wraps and other supportive equipment is not allowed.
- A singlet must be worn by all athletes.
- All athletes, and anyone attending Power Meet, must be fully vaccinated. Details about PCR tests will be announced closer to the time. A PCR test may or may not be required under the advice of local authorities.