The SBD UAE Power Meet
Sanctioned by the UAE Powerlifting Committee, the SBD UAE Power Meet is a two-day community driven powerlifting competition.
Men and woman from all experience levels and backgrounds gather to test their strength in the squat, benchpress and deadlift. Whether you lift 25kg or 325kg, whether it is your first time competing or you came for the gold medal, everyone gets the same cheer and support.
The competition follows IPF rules which means it is also a drug tested competition. 2024 will host the 15th and 16th edition of the event under the newly developed ‘SBD UAE Power Meet Series’ format.
About the series
Power Meet runs as a two event series. In 2024 this will include Power Meet 15 and 16. Each event will open registrations for 100 competitors that will compete in various weight categories over two days.
The series will culminate in the “SBD UAE Classic Invitational’ where the combined top 6 men and top 6 women from the current Power Meet series will be invited to compete for title of best of the best. They will be joined by special invitations from Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, as well as three special invitational lifters to create a spectacle for lifting in Dubai.
This will be capped off with a ‘Banquet & Awards’ ceremony where winners of the invitational event will be recognized along with other important awards.
- SBD UAE Power Meet 15: 2 & 3 March 2024, Holiday Inn & Suites Dubai Science Park
- SBD UAE Power Meet 16: 14 & 15 September 2024, Holiday Inn & Suites Dubai Science Park
- SBD UAE Classic Invitational: 16 November 2024, Holiday Inn & Suites Dubai Science Park
Who can and how to register for Power Meet?
Anyone can register for the SBD UAE Power Meet! However, spaces are limited and assigned on a first come first serve basis.
There is no minimum requirement to compete. This is your strength journey and a celebration of your progress. You only need to be able to squat, bench press and deadlift a minimum of 25kg as that is the lowest weight that can be added to the barbell.
Registrations are done online ONLY, and ONLY through our website. Competition dates and dates for registration are announced on our social media, so be sure to follow us on Instagram for announcements.
Club members and Affiliate members have the opportunity to pre-register one week before registrations are officially opened. We cannot guarantee places for anyone as we believe in 'fair play' rules.
Who and why sponsor Power Meet?
By sponsoring the SBD UAE Power Meet Competitions, not only will you gain access to unique branding opportunities but you will also be supporting the development of the sport of Powerlifting in the UAE.
Results and records
You can browse the results and Club records below. These are updated after each event.
What else should you know?
Here are a few things you should know before you decide to compete at Power Meet.
- We follow the IPF equipment and competition rules including weight classes for men and women
- A singlet is required to compete - this is to help promote fair judging for all competitors.
- This is ideal for lifters of ALL levels - complete beginners to experienced lifters.
- This is a community focused event and suitable for the whole family
- Each event is limited to 80 competitors over two days.
- This event is open for men and women to compete.
- The Power Meet now serves as the qualifier for the Desert Barbell Classic and UAE National Team
- Desert Barbell promotes 'drug free and drug tested' sports. The Power Meet is now a drug tested event.
Women's weight categories:
- 47.0 kg Class up to 47.0 kg
- 52.0 kg Class from 47.01 kg up to 52.0 kg
- 57.0 kg Class from 52.01 kg up to 57.0 kg
- 63.0 kg Class from 57.01 kg up to 63.0 kg
- 69.0 kg Class from 63.01 kg up to 69.0 kg
- 76.0 kg Class from 69.01 kg up to 76.0 kg
- 84.0 kg Class from 72.01 kg up to 84.0 kg
- 84.0+ kg Class from 84.01 kg up to unlimited
Men's weight categories:
- 59.0 kg Class up to 59.0 kg
- 66.0 kg Class from 59.01 kg up to 66.0 kg
- 74.0 kg Class from 66.01 kg up to 74.0 kg
- 83.0 kg Class from 74.01 kg up to 83.0 kg
- 93.0 kg Class from 83.01 kg up to 93.0 kg
- 105.0 kg Class from 93.01 kg up to 105.0 kg
- 120.0 kg Class from 105.01 kg up to 120.0 kg
- 120.0+ kg Class from 120.01 kg up to unlimited
*Junior and Sub-Junior competitions will have additional categories.