What is the Desert Barbell Power Meet?
Supported by the UAE Bodybuilding Federation, the Power Meet is a two-day community driven powerlifting competition.
Men and woman from all experience levels and backgrounds gather to test their strength in the squat, benchpress and deadlift. 2023 will see the 13th and 14th edition of Power Meet.
Whether you lift 25kg or 325kg, whether it is your first time competing or you came for the gold medal, everyone gets the same cheer and support.
The compeition follows IPF rules which means it is also a drug tested compettion.
Who can and how to register for Power Meet?
Anyone can register for Power Meet! However, spaces are limited and assigned on a first come first serve basis.
There is no miminum requirement to compete. This is your strength journey and a celebration of your progress. You only need to be able to squat, bench press and deadlift a minimum of 25kg as that is the lowest weight that can be added to the barbell.
Registrations are done online ONLY, and ONLY through our website. Competition dates and dates for registration are announced on our social media, so be sure to follow us on Instagram for announcements.
Club members and Affiliate members have the opportunity to pre-register one week before registrations are officially opened. If you want to increase your chances of getting a spot. We cannot guarantee places for anyone as we believe in 'fair play' rules.
Who and why sponsor Power Meet?
By sponsoring Power Meet Competitions, not only will you gain access to unique branding opportunities but you will also be supporting the development of the sport of Powerlifting in the UAE.
Results and records
You can browse the results and Club records below. These are updated after each event.
What else should you know?
Here are a few things you should know before you decide to compete at Power Meet.
- We follow the IPF equipment and competition rules including weight classes for men and women
- A singlet is required to compete - this is to help promote fair judging for all competitors.
- This is ideal for lifters of ALL levels - complete beginners to experienced lifters.
- This is a community focused event and suitable for the whole family
- Each event is limited to 80 competitors over two days.
- This event is open for men and women to compete.
- The Power Meet now serves as the qualifier for the Desert Barbell Classic and UAE National Team
- Desert Barbell promotes 'drug free and drug tested' sports. The Power Meet is now a drug tested event.
Women's weight categories:
- 47.0 kg Class up to 47.0 kg
- 52.0 kg Class from 47.01 kg up to 52.0 kg
- 57.0 kg Class from 52.01 kg up to 57.0 kg
- 63.0 kg Class from 57.01 kg up to 63.0 kg
- 69.0 kg Class from 63.01 kg up to 69.0 kg
- 76.0 kg Class from 69.01 kg up to 76.0 kg
- 84.0 kg Class from 72.01 kg up to 84.0 kg
- 84.0+ kg Class from 84.01 kg up to unlimited
Men's weight categories:
- 59.0 kg Class up to 59.0 kg
- 66.0 kg Class from 59.01 kg up to 66.0 kg
- 74.0 kg Class from 66.01 kg up to 74.0 kg
- 83.0 kg Class from 74.01 kg up to 83.0 kg
- 93.0 kg Class from 83.01 kg up to 93.0 kg
- 105.0 kg Class from 93.01 kg up to 105.0 kg
- 120.0 kg Class from 105.01 kg up to 120.0 kg
- 120.0+ kg Class from 120.01 kg up to unlimited
*Junior and Sub-Junior competitions will have additional categories.